9.20.2011

Dreamscapes and Permanent Symbols

so i don't normally remember my dreams. i vividly remember many more dreams from when i was a young'n than any recent ones (though...that's probably 'cause most of those were terrifying and traumatic nightmares). however, i guess my crazy sleep schedule has caused my brain to suddenly attribute some importance to what it spews up at night. in the last 3 days, i've recalled being chased around my high school by Wolverine (not a sexual dream, regrettably -_-), and losing one of my earrings.

the former was just weird and random, and i didn't try to read anything into it, but the latter really freaked me out. i woke up unsure of whether it had happened or not and hesitantly reached up to feel if it was still there or not. my earrings are very special to me. i wear one black one on my left ear and one silver one on my right ear as constant reminders of a need for "balance." i never switch them out and i never wear anything else - they're very important to me.

and while we're on the topic of body alterations... i told myself when i was but a wee-little gay boy that i wanted to do something special for myself every birthday since i turned 18. that day, i got my cartilage pierced (this has since been removed 'cause the hubs didn't care for it. not too special. it's ok). when i was 19, i got my two regular ear-piercings. and at 20, i got a tattoo on my upper back. BUT, i haven't done anything since! so, this year, i've told myself that i will not waiver from my original plan and i've been working on various tattoo ideas. i've been going over them with the hubs, 'cause, even though i know it's my body and all that blah-blah stuff, i respect his opinion and i won't get anything that he wouldn't like.



i've come up with a few ideas, but i'm PRETTY sure i've decided on which one i'll be getting next. i'm really excited!! the idea i have will be a little less...hidden...than my previous one. *nerdy squeal*


finally, i think Gears of War 3 came out today. i'm so angry with myself for never having played the series. i did see a GoW1+2 pack at Gamestop a few weeks ago, so i think that'll be the first thing i pick up. then, depending on whether i like the series or not, i'll either continue with it, or switch over and buy that one zombie game that everyone (except me) is playing.


i haven't touched my Xbox for anything other than Netflix in weeks. how shameful.

<3


PS, i don't want to say much on this topic... but i'd totally get someone fired for doing/saying something insulting and unethical, regardless of the fact that they're close to retirement. age doesn't supersede propriety. i guess that makes me a bad person (it doesn't).

2 comments:

  1. I don't have dead island yet either, and I really want to play it! I try not to buy games full price though, so I'll have to hold out for a drop to at least 40. The Gears of War games are the typical high on action low on story kinda games, with some unique FPS features. They're all highly rated and certainly worth checking out. I don't have any piercings or tattoos cause I'm a pussy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the gears of war games have pretty high scores and a good following... *shrug* i figured the old ones, at least, would be cheap to buy.

    and hahaha, "pussy." they don't hurt much, really. i remember nodding off during my last tattoo. and it's all a bunch of kanji. the guy had to outline each symbol before going back and shading it all in. the only parts that made me wince a bit (on the inside, of course) were the parts directly over my spine.

    ReplyDelete